You don’t know how grateful I am to still be receiving your recordings. I like to listen to each one several times, & some of the favorites from the past I save to hear again & again.
Just a note on some ways my life has changed in the 1-1/2 years that I have been listening to your messages:
- At 78, I am feeling better than ever & having more fun. Financially, my life keeps improving every day – with hardly any effort on my part.
- During the past 1-1/2 years, my journey has become so intense that I feel like the Holy Spirit has grabbed me by the seat of the pants & kicked me into overdrive. The ride is increasingly joyful.
- I write affirmations & a blessing journal every day – or at least 4 or 5 mornings a week. Your Crabby Angels book is great as a springboard for morning meditations.
- My Social Security increased by almost $800 per month after a friend alerted me to filing against my deceased, divorced husband’s income.
- My daughter, who lives with me, recently received a substantial inheritance & helps with many expenses.
- More income seems to be forthcoming from a family trust, after years of delay.
- Relationships grow ever more loving with my daughter & adopted granddaughter, who joined us at the age of 8 after suffering severe trauma & rejection. Now, at the age of 14, she seems like a reasonably happy teenager (if there is such a thing). Every day she tells us she loves us, in between fits of being a PITA, (Pain in the Ass).
- My daughter & I are both ACIM students – have been for years - & apply the principles to parenting this beautiful child.
- In my new ACIM class, I have found fabulous friends & a wonderful support group. We have fun & go on great trips together.
- I recently acquired a gentleman friend, a few years younger than myself, after asking Spirit to supply a male companion in my life. We watch movies together, eat together (he cooks or takes me out) & go on an occasional motorcycle ride. I haven’t gone on trips with him yet, but he has asked.
A couple of things that I am requesting your help in treating:
I want to feel valued & admired in this work. It is creative, but I don’t feel appreciated by my bosses. This has been an ongoing issue all my life. I also want to cut back from a 5-day work week to 3 days, with increased income, time & resources to do all the things I still want to do. I know that this job is not my source – Spirit is - & I need to release all fear & resentment so that this can be done in a peaceful, loving way.
On Monday I will get the results of a biopsy on a growth on my tongue. I ask for the best possible outcome. My affirmation in all these things is that, as the Course promises, “All things work together for my Perfect Happiness – Easy Breezy – For the Highest Good of All.” So I need to stay in the Holy Instant. Constant vigilance to police my thoughts is the most challenging task I have ever attempted. Why Oh Why do I keep forgetting to stay connected?
Any support you feel is appropriate would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks & LOL,
I've thought about reaching out to you so many times over the last two years but have completely chickened out every time thinking to myself, "he probably hears this shit from people all the time - what's special about me saying it?" But recently I saw a lecture of yours at Visions in San Diego where you mentioned wanting to engage more younger people which you mentioned is why you switched your Saturday Santa Barbara lectures to Tuesday nights. I think you mentioned wanting hoping to draw in for of the 50-year old crowd. I felt this would a great opportunity to introduce myself and let you know that you're reaching people quite a bit younger than that.
I was first introduced to you by my 63-year old friend Ardie in Santa Barbara. She used to go to your lectures when you were first starting in the late 90's. She has a bunch of your lectures on tape that she would play for me while I sat in her massage chair, weeping uncontrollably. For context, I'm 25 years old and at the time I was introduced to your lectures, I was stuck (and by stuck, I now know that I was the one keeping myself stuck by telling myself that story) in a very abusive relationship that had very nearly killed me on several occasions. My friend Ardie used to play me your tapes as a way to calm me down because I loved (and still do) hearing your voice and your sense of humor. It took a few months, but eventually I found that I also really liked the things you were saying, and to my surprise I actually believed them. I come from a background of extreme pessimism and complaining. The notion of "it's just a thought and a thought can be changed" was both initially completely foreign and rather offensive to me until it started to sink in and I found myself trying it out and being very impressed and relieved by the results.
Subsequently, I began attending your Tuesday night lectures in Santa Barbara. On a few occasions I even brought along two of my peers. I have since showed your books, website, and youtube videos to all of my friends, co-workers, and clients (I work in the mental health field, which is a bullshit field full of lies and your message is more therapeutic for them than any of the crap the system fed me about "coping skills" in college). I relocated up to Santa Cruz last year and unfortunately can only see your lectures online now, but I re-watch them again and again and get something new out of it every time. I guess I'm finally writing to you as both a sincere, deep thank you for being who you are and for all your words of wisdom, and also to let you know that you have successfully infiltrated the youth and we adore you.
So from myself and all my peers, thank you thank you thank you. You're changing our lives in a way no one else and enabling us to have a past, present, and future we otherwise wouldn't have access to because without even knowing it, we would have remained stuck in our stories, dragging around our corpses, expecting to be as doomed as our parents and our parents' parents. You have given us a freedom we would have never known. I am forever grateful to you and grateful for your presence on this earth. I look forward to being able to catch one of your lectures in person next time I can get down to Santa Barbara. - Hayley